Thursday, August 2, 2007

New Creation

I read this in a devotion today and it was very uplifting and i thought I should share with you. It's from Crosswalk.com.

Romans 8:1 tells us there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. We each have sinned, but you no longer need to be afraid of your dark past. Epesians 5:8 promises, "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light." You don't have to be afraid. Christ is calling you to live in fearless freedom.

Reflections
  1. What triggers memories of the past?
  2. How has your life changed since you became a new creation?
  3. Who can you trust to share a story from your past? God will use your story to help others find hope.

Power Verses

"Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; Once you had not recieved mercy, but now you have recieved mercy" 1 Peter 2:10

"when Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkneww, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

This was very inspiring to me because theres a lot of stuff that i have done that I'm not proud of and i don't like to think about and this just lets me know that God sets me free from my past.

No comments: